EU Fact Sheets
Here on these pages I will frequently post facts about the European Union and general information about the history of the European subcontinent.
The financial crisis and the Brexit have raised doubt in the value that the European Union provides for its citizens. My fact sheets are an attempt to contribute to a better understanding of the goals and commitments of the EU in order to improve the life of the people of this beautiful and extraordinary Eurasian subcontinent called Europe.
Europe and the European Union is a wonderful place to be.
History of the Shu
The famous Tang poet, Li Bai (701-762 AD), the son of a wealthy businessman who spent most of his childhood in Mianyang County, Sichuan Province, wrote in one of his poems that the Shu people lived here in the Sichuan basin for 48 thousand years in close isolation and with no contact to the outside world.
This type of native, poetic mystification of the Shu culture hasn't been uncommon ever since. For the moment one might be inclined to accept it due to a lack of first-hand written sources from the Shu people. Somewhat alike with the Celtic tribes in Europe in ancient times, for the most part we depend on third-party written documents, produced by descendants of conquerors, reporting about the life and customs of the Shu culture.
Archaeological discoveries of the past few decades might now help to unravel some mysteries about the Shu people who, according to current prevailing opinion, all of a sudden disappeared from the surface of the Sichuan basin after 316 BC, when the Qin people had conquered this region. The current sinological research project of Frank Diebel is dedicated to the search for truth behind some mysteries of the ancient Shu people.
- Quality Assurance in the Health Care Sector: A Comparative Analysis of ISO and KTQ in Germany. Conference paper in English language for the Sino-German International Conference on Public Administration at the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics on September 24, 2013. Chengdu, China.
- International Certification of Medical Services in Public Health Institutions: Cultural Challenges and New Requirements for Public Administration - the KTQ Example. Conference paper in Chinese language for the Sino-German Hospital Management Conference at Gannan Medical University on October 2, 2011. Ganzhou, China.
- Guanxi Economics: Confucius meets Lenin, Keynes, and Schumpeter in Contemporary China. Paper in English language for the magazine Intervention, volume 5 (1), June, 2008. Co-author: Manfred Nitsch, Freie University Berlin. Berlin, Germany.
- 2015/01 - today, The History of the Shu in Sichuan Province before 316 BC (at the Freie University Berlin and the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics in Chengdu)
- 2013/05 - 2014/01, Strengthening Provincial Health Systems in Vietnam (at the Berlin School of Economics and Law and the Hanoi School of Public Health for university professors, government officials, and hospital managers in Vietnam)
- 2012/10 - 2012/11, Maternity Management Training for Central Asia (at the Berlin School of Economics and Law, funded by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ, for government officials and hospital managers in Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Usbekistan)
- 2009/07 - 2010/12, Success Options for Medium-Sized Enterprises of the Medical Industries' Sector from Berlin in the People's Republic of China (at the Berlin School of Economics and Law, funded by the European Social Fund, ESF)
- 2008/04 - 2013/11, International Leadership Training (ILT) Hospital Management Asia (at the Berlin School of Economics and Law, funded by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ, for hospital managers in China, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Indonesia)
In the Office of International Education and Cooperation is Frank Diebel in charge for worldwide online marketing and communication with the international Partners of the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics as well as in charge for Sino-German academic exchange programmes.
School of Humanities
At the Liberal Arts College of Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, the General Education Department of the School of Humanities, does Frank Diebel, among others, teach History of Western Civilization und History of Western Philosophy.
At the College of International Education of the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics does Frank Diebel teach Comparative Cultural and Political History of China and Europe in the Double-Degree Master Program Chinese-European Economics and Business Studies.